Community service, tutoring, teaching English and sharing of chronological Bible stories are built around growing relationships.
There are about 80,000 in the target community. Most of them are physically and spiritually needy.
By God's grace, the team builds relationships with them and then seeks to provide services like; nursery pre-schools, youth groups, tutoring, livelihood, health care training, computer skills training, student sponsorship and community organizing.
The goal is to demonstrate and communicate Christ's love, thus paving the way for an Indigenous Biblical Church Movement among them. Those who come to faith are discipled in contextualized house churches.
- Learn to understand the worldview and language of the target people group. As language capacity increases there will be increased involvement in the communities.?br>- Build relationships
- Serve the community in line with gifts, skills and team ministry priorities.
- Bring Bible truth into the relationships in sensitive ways.
- Facilitate youth group dynamics and values formation.
- Tutor elementary and/or high school students in English, Maths, and in preparing for college entrance exams.
- A passion for Christ and the lost.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a new culture and an international team.
- Perseverance to learn language, culture and worldview.
- A minimum of two years of Bible school (seminary) training with cross-cultural studies or equivalent
- Skilled in tutoring one on one or small groups.
- Experience in forming and facilitating youth groups / sports ministry.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only