Do you enjoy helping others with adventurous travel? Would you like to go to some amazing places and meet frontline people in SouthEast Asia? Have you heard of an opportunity that looks for “tour guides with a twist?” This is what we are looking for. Our cross-cutlural workers need your help in finding people to take on this urgent and strategic role! Our workers are already stretched. This opportunity aims at supporting our teams in receiving short-term workers. Do you think you could be the special person/couple who can set up a program for short-term workers to visit the field and to shepherd them while they are there? The idea is that you would be supporting these short-term workers who will be ‘tourists with a twist’ as they come for home-stays, prayer walks, help teach English and be involved in community development. You will be helping them engage with cross cultural work at the cutting edge and some who come will be the next generation of workers. All we need now, is the ’Tour Guide’.
We need a single or a married couple, to be tour guide(s) with a twist. Having learned some language, you will make visits to our teams and get an idea on what short-term visitors could do when they visit these places. This means traveling around South East Asia, going to beautiful places and meeting amazing people - what could be more awesome than that?
Our teams in Southeast Asia are located in mountainous areas as well as humid tropical lowlands. Most cities have around a million people or more. One of SE Asia's islands is the most populous in the world. With a growing number of people owning motorbikes, some areas have traffic issues.
This is a crucial and strategic position. We really need this role to be filled urgently by the right person/couple and we’re prepared to give you all the support you need to thrive in this role. Day-to-day you will be based with an existing team but this is a role that will also mean quite a lot of travel. The location is a majority Muslim large city. The people are friendly and talking about religion is quite common. Be ready to learn a different culture.
So how about it?
- Organise a travel schedule/program for yourself and take responsibility for debriefing short term workers.
- Document research results
- Enjoy a cross-cultural experience which includes trying delicious local delicacies, tropical fruits and meeting warm, friendly people. Many of whom will not have met someone from your country before. Be the first!
- Have an adventure!
- Background in doing survey work would be helpful
- Able to drive on an International Drivers licence
- Experience traveling and relating to people from other cultures
- Be adventurous, energetic initiator able to accommodate your ideas to different teams' requirements.
- Able to adapt and communicate cross-culturally.
- Able to maintain good spiritual health, even in the face of practical and spiritual challenges.
- Willing to work together with mutual accountability, but also self-reliant and independently motivated.
- Willing to adopt local expectations regarding such matters as clothing, food and relationships with those of the opposite sex. Women may find it helpful to wear a head covering. We do not want to offend our neighbours by eating pork or drinking alcohol.
- Willing to serve others working in SE Asia.
- Organised and able to organise others.
- Ages between 19 and 69 and willing to be who you are and share your faith as appropriate
- Minimum commitment 18 months.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only