There are many local communities that struggle with preventing their children from becoming involved in drugs or violent gangs because they don't have anything to do. The opportunities are varied, from running specific sport camps at a higher level to running general sport activities days in local communities.
You will contribute to the vision and mission of the team by living and working incarnationally among our people. With this foundation you will be involved in sharing the good news of life in Jesus, making disciples and praying in order to kindle movements of Jesus-followers among our people.
The region is known for its plurality with multiple ethnic groups, cultures, religions and languages co-existing in the region. There is also a significant Muslim population, which distinguishes this area from other regions of the country.
- Organize and run sports camps for a variety of abilities and age groups
- Hang out with students and local people and build relationships, giving opportunities to share your life and faith with them
- Language and culture learning
- Learn more about local religious beliefs
- Opportunity for home stays and cultural experiences
- Work with a long-term team and learn more about long-term ministry
Most importantly come willing to learn from others, able to adapt to a new culture and be flexible and have a servant heart. However, some experience or involvement in sport camps or general sports ability would be helpful.
2 years minimum commitment is needed
The applicant should be prepared to live an appropriate lifestyle within the community in which they will live. Among other things, this relates to dressing modestly, and being sensitive to the dietary restrictions of our neighbors is very helpful as this would build bridges with your neighbours and friends. It also means contextualizing the language we use to share about Jesus. In the local culture it is important that the men relate to the men and the women relate to the women.
1. Committed to direct ministry among our focus people.
2. Able to maintain good spiritual health, even in the face of practical and spiritual challenges.
3. Willing to work together on diverse team of people from different cultures with mutual accountability, but also self-reliance.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only