Our teams are dedicated to serving the holistic needs of hard-to-reach peoples. Committed Christian professionals share Christ’s love through the witness of their lives, partnering with local agencies to modernize and improve the economic and social status of poor and disadvantaged communities.
HIV is a major problem in this area. As you minister and serve incarnationally among patients who see little hope regarding their illness, your life and work can bring peace and hope.
Located high in the mountains, this area is home to a minority people group. Winters can be bitterly cold and summers wet. Mandarin is a second language for many of the local residents. Life is simple, but culturally diverse
- Assist in the HIV peer educator and adherence training
- Counsel HIV patients
- Assist in school assistance program counseling middle school students
- Train locals HIV peer educators in lay counseling techniques
- Licensed social worker
- Working level Chinese preferred (language learning is available for longer term commitments)
- Able to work cross-culturally
*Australian citizens and/or residents only