SIL in Papua New Guinea has an urgent need for people to manage their regional centres throughout the country.
- Consults with administration and members to discuss and plan such matters as housing, office and maintenance priorities, operational procedures, security, expenditures, etc.
- Circulates information regarding operation of facilities, vehicles and equipment, and maintains such records as usage, inventories, expenses and rate allocations.
- On a large Centre, coordinates the activities of personnel assisting in centre services and makes staffing recommendations to administration.
- Depending on staff availability, supervises or performs a wide range of tasks, including purchasing of materials and supplies, maintaining vehicles and equipment, and involvement in construction projects.
- Handles correspondence related to centre services and operations, assisting in planning and execution of logistical arrangements for workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with members, administration, officials and visitors, stimulating harmony.
- Circulates information regarding special events, activities, opportunities, or work in progress.
- Works comfortably in a cross-cultural situation, encouraging interaction between the centre and the local community.
- May supervise or participate in related national training programs.
- May help coordinate larger construction projects involving outside workers.