Mission Aviation Fellowship is an international Christian organisation whose purpose is to bring help, hope, and healing through aviation to people living in isolation and poverty.
MAF has been working in Kenya for many years and although a popular tourist destination with a large economy this can hide the poverty and isolation that still remains. Kenya is a place where people seek refuge from many other war-torn countries surrounding them, putting additional pressure on this country.
MAF enables the transportation of church groups, medical specialists, education support, etc through their flights to some of the most remote areas of Kenya.
We are looking for an experienced Avionics Specialist who will be responsible for providing avionics technical support to our programs in the Africa Region.
- The role will include providing support to MAF International (MAFI) maintenance and operations personnel pertaining to the installation, maintenance, and operations of avionics systems in MAFI aircraft, and to work as available in the Kenya AMO under the direction of the Chief Engineer.
- You will visit programs to support the installation, maintenance, and operations of avionics systems in MAFI aircraft and be a mentor and trainer to the engineers.
- You will plan, manage and report on major avionics upgrades to MAFI aircraft and liaise with the MAFI Design office in relation to avionics installations and associated paperwork.
- At MAF we believe in continuous professional development including assessing and gaining qualifications and licenses applicable to the African region.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Secondary school-educated as a minimum
- ICAO Avionics license
- Aptitude in verbal, non-verbal, numerical, and mechanical reasoning
- Avionics or aviation management experience
- 4 years of avionics maintenance experience (can be concurrent with obtaining licenses)