This is an opportunity to set up and provide community psychiatric rehabilitation services to people with mental illnessess.
This urban team ministers to the hard to reach people, including people with mental illness. We see this as our way to serve the Chinese people, assist local leaders in addressing the needs of these social groups, and to be a witness for Christ among local professionals, administrators, clients and students.
Until recently, those with mental illness have been completely neglected. We are beginning to provide an example, tools and training as to how to draw this group into a functioning role in society. You would help set up psychiatric rehabilitation services, and pass on the value of holistic care to the local practitioner. Our vision is to serve the needs of people and to use our professions to reach people with the love of Christ.
This opportuntiy is in a large urban city. You would live in an apartment building with services nearby. The crime rate is low and the climate is moderate - humid summers and mild winters. Schooling options for children include an international school in the city.
- Provide community psychiatric rehabilitation services to people with mental illnesses through psychoeducational groups or individual case managment and counseling.
- Train or supervise local practitioners.
- Professional degree
- Several years of experience, especially in illness management and recovery and peer support.
- Speak, read, and write Mandarin (lanugage and culture training is available for longer term commitments).
- Willing to be part of a team.
- Able to relate cross-culturally and be flexible.
- Able to adapt to living a simple lifestyle.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only