Evangelism and discipleship leading to establishing communities of believers in one or more of the 22,000 unreached communities (barangays) in the Philippines.
Use creative, effective ways to build relationships in communities that have no evangelical witness. Establish and equip communities of believers.
- 7,107 islands
- 100 million people
- 170 languages and dialects
- 320 people per km2 (national average)
- 42,000 barangays (smallest government unit)
- Spanish colony from 1565 to 1898
- USA colony until independence in 1946
- Roman Catholic: 71%?- Evangelical Christian: 8 -12% - Muslim: 6% - Quasi-Christian groups, cults and sects: 8% - Indigenous Tribal: 1.8% - Chinese Buddhist: 0.5% - Non-religious: 0.7%
Helping people come to a clear understanding of the Bible and become disciples of Jesus, will lead to the vision of Biblical communities of faith in the unreached communities of the Philippines. This will in turn lead to a transformation of society.
- Pray for openings into a community
- Build relationships with people in the community by using your gifts, talents, and abilities
- Disciple these people to faith and growth as believers in Jesus
- Work with believers to establish communities of faith
There will be opportunity to repeat the process in new locations, maybe even with some of the new believers as team mates!
We are looking for people:
- with a variety of gifts, experiences, and skills to contribute to the ministry
- with a minimum of two years of Bible school (seminary) training with cross-cultural studies or equivalent
- with experience in relationship building and discipleship
- able to work in an international team, alongside local believers
- able to persevere in ministry in a spiritually dark context with frequent natural disasters, political instability and wide-spread corruption
*Australian citizens and/or residents only