Title: OMF State Ministry Leader
We are looking for someone passionate about global mission and mobilizing individuals and churches to take the gospel to East Asia. The Vic/Tas State Ministry Leader is based in Melbourne and serves as a leader and mobilizer in Victoria, overseeing the Vic team, member care and mobilizing ministries. The role of a State Ministry Leader is to help fulfil the Australian Home side Mission Statement which is: "Inspiring and Equipping for God's work in East Asia"
· Attending and running key events,
· communication with partners of OMF
· networking and building relationships, and
· empowering volunteers to mobilise prayer, people and resources for God’s work in East Asia.
· Inspire the Christian community to connect with OMF’s God-given vision of reaching East Asian people for Christ.
· Facilitate 18-35 year olds to take steps toward long term mission involvement
· Encourage a prayer movement for the unreached people of East Asia
· Train and resource volunteer teams (HMT’s, prayer groups and mobilisation teams) to pray, mobilise and care for workers.
· Assist Bible colleges in their missions training programs
· Promote awareness of OMF amongst church partners who are key in promoting and supporting missions.
· Ensure member care of HAs is adequate in terms of debriefing, finances, planning, clearances and future designation.
· Oversee state office, equipment, books and resources.
· Ensure that OMF alumni and missionary parents are informed and connected with OMF.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stake holders from a wide range of cultures.
· Ability to work well with the larger team of OMF Australia, as well as possessing initiative and motivation to manage the state teams well and creatively solve problems.
· A strong commitment to the Evangelical, Interdenominational, and International ethos of OMF International as expressed in our ‘Purpose and Principles’.
· An enthusiastic commitment to the vision and Mission of OMF as stated in the Vision and Mission Statements.
· Passion for cross-cultural mission either through personal experience as a missionary, or in an active supporting role in local church missions’
· Affirmation of your character and suitability from your local church and other partners with you in your ministry.
Time Commitments: 1-3 years
State Ministry Leader will report to the OMF Australia National Director.
This is a position where you would need to raise your own financial support or work as a volunteer.
Apply via Email: email@example.com
The start date for this role is negotiable. You may be asked to go through the selection process for OMF members depending on arrangements for your support and current ministry.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only