Working alongside the managers to run a retreat and conference centre in southern Taiwan. Oasis plays an important role in providing a place of rest and renewal for Taiwan based missionaries.
The Oasis managers carry a heavy load. Assistants who can serve for a few months or a couple of years can provide them with times of rest and facilitate the smooth runnign fo the retreat center.
Retreat Center Assistants will live within Oasis which is located in rural southern Taiwan. It is close to beaches and national parks which can be easily visited on days off.
* Assist with the daily running of the retreat centre including setting up meals, cleaning & maintaining the facilities of the centre
* Maintenance projects depending on the skills of the assistant eg painting, carpentry, decorating, gardening etc
* Assist with administration and finances, dependign on the skills of the assistant
* Fill in for the managers during on their day off, or when they take a vacation.
* No formal qualificatiosn are needed.
* Able to drive a car or ride a motorbike.
* Ability to get on with a wide range of people (guests)
* Practical handyman skills would be a plus.
* WIllingness to serve and take initiative
Oasis is located in a rural area. Although many guests pass through, not many foreigners live in the area. Staff at Oasis need to be able to cope with a certain degree of spiritual and personal isolation.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only