New Horizons West Africa Strategy Coordinator
Do you have a heart for West Africa and East Asia's peoples? Serve and raise awareness about mission amongst East Asia's peoples in West Africa. Be part of what God is doing through the West African church in cross-cultural mission.
New Horizons is a pioneering ministry of OMF focused on supporting, serving, and partnering with mission movements around the world currently unrepresented by an OMF sending office. We seek to serve, mobilise, disciple and equip individuals churches in in freshly responsive sending contexts to share the Good News with East Asia's peoples. By God’s grace, every year we are seeing an increasing number of short-term and long-term workers being sent from countries like Brazil, India, France and regions like eastern Europe, Africa and East Asia to serve in mission.
New Horizons plays an important role in mobilizing both individuals, churches and communities to be part of what God is doing among East Asia's peoples. As the West Africa Strategy Coordinator you will be working as part of the West Africa Missions Office (WAMO) team. Together you will be challenging the West African Christian community to actively participate in missions, by raising awareness of the spiritual needs in East Asia, resulting in prayer movements and facilitating for individuals called by God to serve Him in East Asia
You will be based in Accra, Ghana where the West Africa Missions Office is based. Accra is hot and humid most time of the year and is considered the beating heart of Ghana. The city is colorful, vibrant and, because it is the capital of the country, will have higher cost of living compared to other parts of Ghana (a family of four will need up to USD1,500 as living allowance!). People are friendly and accommodating.
- Work in the WAMO office alongside SIM personnel (and hopefully from other mission orgs that associate with WAMO in the future)
- Identify national and international mission agencies, denominations and individual churches for potential partnerships, develop good relationships with them for.
- Encourage the development of prayer networks for East Asia and the Chinese in Africa
- Organize and/or participate in mission events to communicate about world missions and about the spiritual needs of East Asian people.
- Meet, interview and journey with inquirers and candidates for ministry to East Asians
- Produce mission media and mobilization materials
- Basic knowledge of French for francophone countries is desirable, though not a condition
- Preach and train in West African churches as and when needed as part of the mobilization efforts.
- Build, develop, support, lead, and care for a team of OMF mission mobilizers in West Africa.
- This is a new, pioneering position operating in a new place with little support and fellowship from fellow OMF personnel, and requires an ability to self-start and self-motivate.
- Experience serving with OMF and in East Asia would be desired.
- A level of cross-cultural mission or Bible training would also be required.
- An understanding of the West African church culture and ways of operating, as well as abilities to preach, train and coach would be helpful but not essential.
- This is a new, pioneering position operating in a new place with little support and fellowship from fellow OMF personnel, and requires a high level of self-starting capacity and strategic thinking
- Flexible and able to adapt, sensitive to culture and context
- Willingness to work as equal partner with national and international mission agencies
- Readiness to work under local leadership, learn and serve the local church
- Ability to travel and work in a situation where there may be no other OMF personnel in the vicinity
- work and relate remotely with the rest of the OMF New Horizons teams
Inquirers will need to apply as an OMF member and raise the support needed.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only