Music Worship Leading for Church Plant in Yokohama, Japan
We are looking for a short-term worker who can live in Japan for preferably 6 to 12 months, has a passion to reach Japanese people for Christ, and can help lead music worship at our church plant (CONNECT International Community - connect-japan.com).
Connect International Community is a church that was started by OMF in 2013 with the vision to reach Japanese people in the north Yokohama region in creative ways. We are a team of people from different countries.
For our worship service, we meet in a rented room as well as community centers for larger events. We also have meetings throughout the week in malls, homes, family restaurants, etc. for Bible studies, life sharing, and language-conversation exchange. We also utilize social media and platforms such as Facebook, Meetup, etc. as a means to reach even more people.
Aside from these organized programs, our focus is on relationship building, sharing Christ through daily life, and the natural friendships that develop.
Yokohama is the second biggest city in Japan and part of the metropolitan Tokyo area. It is easy and safe to get around by public transport. Our ministry is located in the Tsuzuki ward of Yokohama.
We are looking for…
- Preferably someone who can spend 6 months or 1 year in Japan. We are also open to a shorter time (eg. 3 months) if 6 months or 1 year isn't possible.
- Someone to help with music worship at our weekly church meeting, possibly leading if able in Japanese and English
- Depending on other gifts and passions, there are possibilities to get involved with children’s, young adults’, women’s, and men’s ministry.
- Build relationships with Japanese people
- Help with outreach, events, weekly services, etc.
- Learn basic Japanese language
- Passion for Japanese people
- Can speak English fluently
- Ideally, can speak/read basic Japanese for singing/leading (Hiragana/Katakana)
- Can play an instrument and lead worship music in a bilingual setting
- Initiative in building relationships with Japanese people
- Have self-starter mentality and be independent
- Live in a share house in Yokohama
- Living among Japanese and international people
- Private single room or shared dorm-like room
- Shared kitchen, toilet, shower, washing machine, common space, etc.
- Other options available
*Australian citizens and/or residents only