OMF Thailand urgently needs a manager for the OMF Holiday Home ‘The Pines’. The Pines is by the beach on the Gulf of Thailand and gives missionaries who serve in East Asia a place to relax.
The vision of The Pines Holiday home is: To provide holistic member care to cross-cultural workers by providing a place of rest and retreat in order that they may return to their place of ministry, restored physically, emotionally, mentally and most importantly spiritually.
The managers at The Pines are responsible for the management of staff, facilities and operational procedures at the Holiday Home in a manner that honors God and serves to achieve the vision of The Pines Holiday Home. The following is a (non-exhaustive) list of practical key elements of the ministry:
- Manage all aspects of a guest/holiday home, e.g. manage guest bookings, travel, facilities, meals and accommodation, shop for supplies
- Organize and supervise Thai staff in domestic and maintenance work
- Be a gracious host/hostess for all visitors
- Be a listening ear to both guests and staff, arranging a worship service each Sunday.
- Responsible for overseeing maintenance of facilities and further development of the site.
- Maintain computerized reservation system and Keep financial accounts
- Hospitable, flexible, having a heart for hospitality and ministering to people of all nationalities
- Relating well to people, be perceptive of guests’ needs
- Basic management experience and skills
- Basic computer skills (MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel) for reservation program and accounting
- An eye for practical aspects of property maintenance
- Practical experience in church/Christian ministry desirable
- Some formal Bible training in order to qualify for the religious affairs visa.
- Commit for at least 3 years of ministry
- This is not a salaried position so you will need to be prepared to raise your own financial support (as is the case with all OMF members/associate ministry positions)
- Willingness to learn Thai language and culture as OMF members/associates
*Australian citizens and/or residents only