Faith International Academy in Davao.
Do you have a heart to impact young people's lives?
As you help educate TCKs, you ensure their parents can continue in ministry, you can disciple the next generation of missionaries, and you can be an influence in the non-Christian world around you.
Faith International Academy is a quality, international, Christian school that exists primarily to serve the family in Christian ministry through meeting the educational needs of their children. FIA is in partnership with Christian sending agencies sponsoring missionary staff to the school. Over 15 nationalities are represented in their student body. FIA offers an K-12 international, Christian curriculum based on the American system with Korean Students and Advanced Placement options. FIA also offers vocational, visual and performing arts opportunities to provide a well-rounded education.
Faith International Academy, Davao: Secondary and other Staff Needs:
- Secondary English Teachers (grades 6-12)
- Secondary Social Studies Teacher (grades 6-8; grades 9-12 electives or AP)
- Secondary World Languages (Spanish, French, German, etc) (grades 9-12)
- Secondary Computer/Technology Teacher (9-12)
- English Language Learner Teacher (K-12)
- Special Education Teacher/Coordinator (K-12)
- Full-time Substitute Teacher
See https://www.fia.edu.ph/opportunities-list for specific needs for the coming school year.
- Teach 4-5 classes per day (usually two to three different specific subjects within your broad subject area)
- Some specialized positions are sometimes available, such as ELL, P.E., special education, music, art, counseling, or administration
- Sponsor or help with after school clubs or other activities
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Disciple the young people under your care
- Attend staff retreats, orientation and teacher inservice days
- Hours at school normally from 6:30 am till 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Teachers must be qualified/licensed to teach in their home country
- Screening for this position by the school will also be required
- No experience is required: two years experience is preferred, but at least one year is strongly recommended
- Experience teaching students who are ESL is suggested although not required
- Strong proficiency in English is required, although English can be your second language
- Because this is an international school, the teacher should be flexible and willing to adjust to a teaching situation, curriculum and system that may differ from their own home country
- Application through the normal OMF process as a Member, Affiliate or Associate is required, and screening will also be required by the school
- An attitude of flexibility and willingness to learn how things are done in another country is essential
- If time allows, some time can be spent in language learning prior to and during assignment
- This is a non-salaried position - support is required for this role
*Australian citizens and/or residents only