Our teams are dedicated to serving the holistic needs of hard-to-reach peoples. Committed Christian professionals share Christ's love through the witness of their lives, partnering with local agencies to modernize and improve the economic and social status of poor and disadvantaged communities.
In living out your life among colleagues and patients, you will have unique opportunities to establish and build relationships of eternal value. Medical workers (doctors, surgeons, nurses, therapists, pharmacists) can make a valuable contribution in provincial or county level hospitals. Your skills are needed, but often the training you offer is even more appreciated. Relationships with local practitioners and patient interaction provide the opportunities for your light to shine. The work ethic and attitude you bring to the hospital allows others to see what a difference Christ makes.
* Practice medicine alongside local colleagues
* Help to develop and train local medical professionals
* Organize and conduct short-term training programs
* Completed medical training and some experience in a specialty
* Able to teach others
* Has a servant spirit and relate to people
* Competent in Mandarin (language and cultural training provided for those making longer term commitment)
* Cross-cultural experience helpful
* Willing to be part of team
* Able to relate cross-culturally
* Is a self-initiator and is flexible
* Willing to adapt to living a simple lifestyle
* Willing to work within the Chinese medical system
*Australian citizens and/or residents only