We are looking for General Practitioner to diagnose and treat illness, diseases, and injuries in the SIL expatriate and local community of Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea.
- Determines health needs of assigned area, and utilises this knowledge in directing health care personnel.
- Establishes guidelines for treatment and care of patients.
- Provides comprehensive medical services for members of SIL and WBT.
- Makes recommendations for consultation with medical specialists based on evaluation of medical condition and history.
- May set up program for comprehensive health care and medical services for language groups where SIL and WBT are working.
- May work in a supervisory or cooperative capacity with a national medical program.
- May be assigned to perform medical services and health care personally, such as examining patients, ordering or performing various tests, analyses, and X-rays to provide information on patient’s condition, administering or prescribing treatments, drugs, inoculations and vaccinations.
- May provide prenatal care to pregnant women, deliver babies and provide postnatal care to mother and infant.
- May respond to emergency requests for medical help in isolated areas, using air or ground transportation.