Are you passionate to see people restored to wholeness ?physically and spiritually? Do you want to use your medical or dental skills for His kingdom? If so, there may be an opportunity for you to join the OMF Cambodia team!
Cambodia is one of the least developed countries in East Asia in terms of healthcare. There are numerous opportunities to both provide direct patient care to the Cambodia people and partner with national providers, helping improve their skills and ability to care for their nation.
Our team includes a range of physicians, surgeons, dentists, nurses, therapists, nutritionists, and other health professionals. We work in a wide range of settings from medical and dental schools, government hospitals and centers, non-government organizations, a Christian hospital, Mercy Medical Center, and in villages throughout the country. We care for the poor, the rich, the disabled, and the marginalized. We teach professional students, health professionals, villagers and each other. But our purpose is to see people come to faith in Christ, to encourage those who believe, to role-model what it means to be a Christian professional and glorify God with our lives.
Responsibilities will depend on the specific professional and role you take. In general, we partner with local professionals in development and teaching roles. We have also been involved in Healthcare Christian Fellowship and the Dental Student Ministry.
- A deep and growing love for God.
- A desire to serve the Cambodian people.
- Ability to share your faith and disciple others in your daily life.
- Willingness to learn and speak the Khmer language, understand and appreciate Khmer culture.
- Up to date, professional qualifications in your area of service.
- Flexible early retirees are welcome.
- One year full time of cultural orientation and language study then continued language study part time.
- Willingness to adopt a simple lifestyle in keeping with a Cambodian person of similar status.
- Ability to be adaptable in a ministry context which may lack resources and present significant spiritual, emotional and cultural challenges.
- Ability and desire to train, teach and mentor others.
- This is not a salaried position; you will need to trust the Lord for personal support.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only