Most of our neighbors have never met a follower of Jesus. They are influenced by works and rituals with an absence of power and no promise of salvation. The area includes a significant population of those who claim to be Muslims. Although technology and modern conveniences are common, our focus people group continues to be involved with the supernatural world by seeking help and protection through rituals and various beliefs.
You will contribute to the vision and mission of the team by living and working incarnationally among the Unreached People Group. With this foundation you will be involved in sharing the good news of life in Jesus, making disciples and praying in order to kindle movements of Jesus-followers among our Unreached People Group.
This tropical climate megacity is crawling with cars, motorbikes, street vendors, and most modern conveniences. Urban sprawl has created areas of suburban/urban mix that has engulfed formerly agricultural areas with expensive housing developments. Many people lack the education and opportunities to keep up with the developing economy, so they live in simple or cramped living conditions.
Impact the leaders of tomorrow at a large university. Spend time reaching out to students from an unreached people group through English conversation clubs and playing sports in the evenings.
Co-ordinate Student Activity to create outreach and opportunities to share the good news to university students. Through incarnational living and sharing of your faith be able to present the good news message in culturally appropriate ways. Initially engage in an extensive full time language study course, followed by part time language study.
- High School Graduate or relevant experience.
- Burdened to see outreach happen and our neighbors appreciate the Good News.
- Able to adapt culturally, and learn from others.
- Need to have some training and experience in a secular field which could be used here, such as English teacher, community work, researcher, etc.
- Experience in teaching English is helpful, but not necessary.
The applicant should be prepared to live an appropriate lifestyle within the community in which they will live. Among other things, this relates to dressing modestly, and being sensitive to the dietary restrictions of our neighbors, is very helpful as this would build bridges with your neighbours and friends. It also means contextualizing the language we use to share about Jesus. In the local culture it is important that the men relate to the men and the women relate to the women.
1. Committed to direct ministry among our focus people.
2. Able to maintain good spiritual health, even in the face of practical and spiritual challenges.
3. Willing to work together on diverse team of people from different cultures with mutual accountability, but also self-reliance.
We have a language and culture learning system in place.
Candidate will participate in field-level training events including the annual field conference.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only