Most of our neighbors have never met a follower of Jesus. They are influenced by works and rituals with an absence of power and no promise of salvation. Many neighborhoods struggle with dysfunctional families, substance abuse, and low paying jobs.
You will contribute to the vision and mission of the team by living and working incarnationally among the Unreached People Group. With this foundation you will be involved in sharing the good news of life in Jesus, making disciples and praying in order to kindle movements of Jesus-followers among our Unreached People Group.
The city is crawling with cars, motorbikes, street vendors, and most modern conveniences.
The area includes a significant population of those who claim to be Muslims or Buddhists. Existence of the spirit world is assumed. Although technology and modern conveniences are common, their worldview has changed little.
Enhance economic opportunities for the next generation through English education.
- preparation for teaching
- relationship building with students and the people in the broader community.
Those with a TESOL/CELTA teaching certificate and a university degree of any kind can find English teaching roles in local schools. Those without teaching certificates can still teach in underprivileged neighborhoods through a foundation. The English teaching would be done as a volunteer (unpaid). Those serving 2-3 years may be able to find paid teaching positions at primary or secondary schools in the latter part of their term of service if they pass language level 1 proficiency first.
- High School Graduate or relevant experience.
- Burdened to see outreach happen and our neighbors appreciate the Good News.
- Able to adapt culturally, and learn from others.
- Having spiritual gifts and a committed lifestyle.
- Experience in teaching English is helpful, but not necessary.
The applicant should be prepared to live an appropriate lifestyle within the community in which they will live. Among other things, this relates to dressing modestly, and being sensitive to the dietary restrictions of our neighbors, is very helpful as this would build bridges with your neighbours and friends. It also means contextualizing the language we use to share about Jesus. In the local culture it is important that the men relate to the men and the women relate to the women.
1. Committed to direct ministry among our focus people.
2. Able to maintain good spiritual health, even in the face of practical and spiritual challenges.
3. Willing to work together on diverse team of people from different cultures with mutual accountability, but also self-reliance.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only