Ministry Opportunity: Director of International School
Rain Forest International School (RFIS) is seeking a Christian school director with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills in addition to extensive cross-cultural understanding to lead a multicultural staff and student body on a beautiful, large, tranquil campus. The ideal candidate will have an international mindset, and with the collaboration and support of a very experienced staff, will have the freedom to lead the school and expand its scope in a cross-cultural community. Ideal start date is late May 2022 to prepare for August 2022 school start.
Our website: rfis.org
● A sincere and growing personal faith in Christ and commitment to the great commission
● Agreement with the school's statement of faith
● Multicultural / cross-cultural experience (ability in French is desirable but not required)
● At least 5 years of experience in both teaching and administration, preferably in an international school
● Master’s degree in Educational Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience
● Since this is a non-paid position, the candidate must be willing to raise their own financial support or self-fund
● Must serve with [or be seconded to] an approved Christian mission organization with a presence in Cameroon for the purpose of member care and accountability
● Provide spiritual leadership and vision for the school community
● Work under the policy governance model to implement and report compliance on board policies as defined in the RFIS Policy Manual (can be requested).
● Work with the school administrative team to implement board policies and operational policies that stay within board guidelines including:
○ Develop, implement, promote, and evaluate programs and activities that ensure students and faculty meet academic standards and provide a great working environment
○ Identify and help recruit for staffing needs
○ Ensure the fiscal health of the school
○ Identify assignments, supervise, and ensure appropriate and timely professional development of all staff
○ Communicate clearly in writing and at public events with staff, parents, students, school board, and community
CV / Resume
2 professional and 2 personal references (one from the applicant’s pastor)
Criminal background reference check
Initial Contact for Applicants
Dan Friesen, Chair of Director Search Committee <Dan.Friesen@worldteam.org>
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of receipt.
Applications will be reviewed at the end of each month (beginning Oct 31st, 2021), until a director is selected.