Use your desire to grow the body of Christ in the international community in an East Asian city. Pastoral care, preaching, and inspiring global Christians to serve Jesus are just some of things you could be involved in.
For many expats living in East Asian cities, the International Church becomes a crucial part of their lives. Whether a mature Christian, or still seeking deeper meaning to their life, many will benefit from the encouragement and teaching that International Church Pastors can give.
As you engage with Christians from all over the world that are living in East Asia, you will become a key part of their spiritual journey. We would love to see more believers of Jesus inspired and mobilized to serve Him - not just in 'full-time' pastoral or 'missionary' work, but through the work they are already doing in the marketplace of Asia - or wherever they end up. We hope to see more East Asians impacted by the global church through strategic roles such as this pastoral posting.
While most cities in East Asia are full of sights, sounds (and smells!) quite unique to this part of the world, they still contain many modern conveniences - efficient metro systems, Wifi (everywhere!), internationally-stocked grocery stores. These urban centers can at time be bustling and seem filled with people, and yet most neighborhoods still contain pockets of quiet where locals also like to just sit and reflect - you just need to know where to look!
- Pastoral care
- Discipling and mentoring
- Mobilizing church to reach out to their community
- Working with existing church workers
- Partnering with cross-cultural workers in that location
- Theological education (M.Div or equivalent)
- Pastoral experience
- Ability to communicate in English (most International churches are conducted in English, however, other languages may include Korean, Indonesian, and others)
- Some churches may be denominational, and might require the appropriate membership in your home country
- Speaking an East Asian language may be helpful but is not strictly necessary
*Australian citizens and/or residents only