Contribute to the advancement of the larger church through theological education programs and resources, publication ministries, and radio.
Are you passionate to see communities of disciples multiplying throughout Cambodia and beyond? Are you passionate about evangelizing, discipling and training others from various Christian traditions and backgrounds? If so, there may be an opportunity for you to join the OMF Cambodia team!
While the Christian Church is growing in Cambodia, the percentage of Cambodians that are Christian is still only 1-2%. The church is also young, in need of resources, training and equipping. Our team is involved in several of these interchurch ministries such as teaching at the Phnom Penh Bible School, translating for the Fount of Wisdom Christian Publishing House, providing radio programs, involvement in missional research at MK2021, supporting TEE (Theological Education by Extension) and others. We wish to grow multi-media and internet-based ministries.
Christ prayed for our unity so that the world would know that He was sent from the Father (John 17). We believe as an interdenominational, multinational organization, OMF is positioned to promote unity within Christ's body.
- Responsibilities are dependent on the ministry focus.
- Prayer for the target area and/or people group. This includes mobilizing others to pray, such as home churches and prayer partners.
- Intentionally evangelize non-believers within your circle of influence.
- Equip believers to study, obey and teach the Bible, to pray and evangelize.
- Assist believers to make new disciples and establish new churches.
- A deep and growing love for God
- A desire to serve the Cambodian people
- A thorough knowledge of the Bible (for institutional theological education, we require a minimum of 4 years' church-based ministry experience in Cambodia first)?br>- Ability to share your faith and disciple others
- Ability to learn and speak the Khmer language
- Willingness to understand and appreciate the Khmer culture
- A willingness to work in a small team, usually of different nationalities
- Previous cross-cultural experience would be an advantage
- One year full time of cultural orientation and language study then continued language study part time
- For church-planting ministries, we look for a long-term commitment (ideally longer than six years) in rural Cambodia
- Must adopt a simple lifestyle in keeping with a Cambodian person of teacher status
- Ability to be adaptable in a ministry context which may lack resources and present significant spiritual, emotional and cultural challenges
- Ability to train, teach and mentor others
- This is not a salaried position; you will need to trust the Lord for personal support
*Australian citizens and/or residents only