Medical care in this area is lagging. The county hospital is required to open a ICU ward, which is a daunting task. Raising the skill level for local staff of the intensive care unit would benefit the whole county, and allow patients to receive care locally.
We would like to use our professional skills to meet patients' needs, help the local medical personnel to improve their skills, and contribute to the holistic health of the families in this region. In providing physical care and living out the gospel daily, we hope to touch people's hearts with God's love.
The remote setting lends to a simple lifestyle without the stress of city life.
- Provide ICU bedside teaching
- Work with hospital nursing directors to train staff
- Work with other expat medical workers as witness in the hospital
- Host short-term trainings on-site
- Occasional community-based health activities as needs arise
- Appropriate medical training
- Teaching and managment experience
- At least two years ICU experience
- Ability to adjust to lower health care standards
- Ability to speak and read Chinese a plus (language and culture training provided for long-term commitments)
- Ablilty to adjust to limited resources
- Is a self-initiator and is flexible
- Enjoy living in a rural, remote area
- Housing will be a rented apartment.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only