Working alongside experienced missionaries and local believers in reaching out to people living with HIV/ AIDS. Responsibilities include:
* Befriending those affected by AIDS.
* Providing practical help.
* Discipling believers.
There is a wide scope for involvement depending on the individual's interests and training.
* Must be willing to share Christ's love both verbally and practically with homosexuals, prostitutes and/or drug addicts.
* Medical training, counselling skills and/or practical experience in ministering to those with HIV in one's home country before coming to the field is a plus, but not mandatory.
* Must have great sensitivity to those who are disadvantaged and hurt by society.
* The missionary must undergo a psychological evaluation using the MMPI or MMPI2 to help determine fitness for this kind of ministry. If these tools are not available in the candidate's mother tongue, a psychological interview is needed.
* Must be willing to work as part of a team.
* Some formal Bible training is necessary. The government also requires incoming missionaries to have recently spent one to two years in Christian ministry.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only