Come assist in village health traiing for rural minority villages. Many families are still struggling with basic health issues including hygiene and nutritution.
You will have the opportunity to care for families in the community dealing with basic health needs as well as chronic disease management and care. You will work alongside health workers, training and mentoring them to reach their own communities.
Out teams live in mid-size towns about 30,000-50,000, serving the rural communities around the towns. Your contribution will help improve the health and management of chronic diseases in the region. This initiative will be a wonderful opportunity to model holistic health care. As you work alongside your local colleagues, you will be able to be a witness of God's love in service and make an eternal difference in the lives of those who serve in this needy area.
Work with local colleagues and medical personnel to plan and promote nutrition, health education and disease prevention activities
Develop health training material that is relevant to the needs of the minority villagers.
- BA, BS degree or higher in a health related fields like community nursing or dietitics
- Have relevant work experience
- Have experience teaching students and other health workers
- Able to communicate in Chinese (lanuage and cultural training provided for those planning a longer term of service)
- Willing to learn and work with minority translators
- Able to teach others
- Able to adapt to limited resources
- Have a sense of humor, is a self-initator and is flexible
*Australian citizens and/or residents only