Our missionaries, as well as other guests, come to the guest houses for rest, training and ministry. The hosts handle reservations, overseeing the cooking, keep accounts, and supervise the staff. With a listening ear, the managers help the guests feel welcome and make their stay restful. The overseer would supervise these hosts (also known as Center Managers) and be available to give advice.
Our current mission leaders do not have the capacity to oversee the hosts of our facilities. This role will mean that greater care and supervision is provided.
a. Fulfill the responsibilities of building stewardship as required by the International Center
b. Supervise the Field Center Managers?br>c. Advise and decide with Center Managers on maintenance procedures, major repairs, long term planning and renovation issues.
d. See that field budgetary, financial, labor, building code and similar governance questions are implemented by Center Managers.
e. Consult with Center Managers on changes in center management procedures
f. Help in orienting new Centre Managers to their role
g. Help in the recruitment of temporary or permanent managers
h. Oversee contracts and memoranda of agreement for staff
i. Review center occupancy rates and report annually to leadership
- A love for people and desire to serve
- Organization and administration skills
- A growing relationship with Christ
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to analyze financial reports and occupation data
- Some management or hospitality experience preferred but not required
- Strong English proficiency but not necessarily as a first language
- With a minimum of two years of Bible school (seminary) training with cross-cultural studies or equivalent
- Application through the normal OMF process as a Member, Affiliate or Associate is required
- A period of language, culture and worldview learning will be expected upon joining the Field, and this may be followed by learning a second language, culture and worldview
- This is a non-salaried position - support is required for this role.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only