Many students in inland schools have never been outside the province in which they were born. Though curious about the outside world, many lack direction and motivation. Teachers not only have the opportunity to encourage them in their academic pursuits, but also inspire them to have purpose, direction and meaning in their lives.
Come and share with young people what gives you meaning and purpose. Influence the values of your students as well as those of other teachers.
Teaching opportunities available in rural towns and urban cities. Students range from elementary to university levels.
- Teach English classes
- Develop curriculum in some cases
- Help train other local English teachers
- Organize activities for English corners/clubs
- Organize English camps
- University degree
- Teaching certification
- Experience teaching English
- Proficiency in Chinese a plus (language and cultural learning provided for those committing to a longer period of service)
- Able to relate cross-culturally
- Can adapt to a simple, rural life-style
- If teaching in a private setting, must be willing to work weekday evenings and Saturdays
*Australian citizens and/or residents only