Primarily teach (assist teachers or teach a class) English conversation to Thai scholars and be willing or have a desire to assist with the following:
- Children's Outreach in local community (helping with activities/games/songs)
- Market Outreach (assisting, setup, building relationships)
- Adventure Camps (Rock climbing, abseiling, kayaking)
- Learn Basic Thai language and culture
- Work alongside team of fulltime missionaries assisting in preparing materials as well as teaching or being an assistant.
- Assist by planning and preparation of activities/games/songs for children’s outreach ministry.
- Commitment to learning basic Thai language and culture as well as engage in cultural observations.
- Assist as a team leader in adventure camps. Involves preparation and clean-up afterwards.
- There are no qualifications necessary for this position however, the suitable candidate/s must be spiritually mature individuals who are teachable and are able to work in a cross-cultural team environment.
- Candidate/s must be aware that they will be immersed into Thai culture immediately upon arrival.
- Candidate/s must be willing to travel outside of Thailand to renew at least every three months.
- Suitable candidate/s must be a native English speaker/s.
- Singles and couples can apply.
- Must be in good health and physically active.
- Organized but flexible, patient and approachable with a good sense of humour.
- Previous cross-cultural experience would be beneficial but is not necessary.
- Costs 600 Baht per day.
- Workers must provide for their own airfare, and also cover their own transportation costs and personal spending money.
- Health and accident insurance are the responsibility of the worker.
- Length can be extended with other Serve Asia Thailand opportunities.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only