MAF Technologies, previously known in PNG as Christian Radio Missionary Fellowship (CRMF), has been serving the isolated communities of PNG since 1956. MAF Technologies exists to provide technical solutions that help advance the gospel and connect people to the vital services that are needed. They use services such as radio communication, computing, solar lighting and digital audio Bibles. Technology in PNG is advancing rapidly, and MAF Technologies is here to help.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining off-grid and grid-connected renewable energy systems to provide reliable energy to locations underserved by existing electrical infrastructure.
You will also use your expertise to evaluate appropriate technologies (eg solar, wind, hydro, marine power, storage technologies, etc) relevant to each location based on environmental, legal and other factors, striving to maximise sustainability and social impact while minimising environmental impact. You will need to stay current with new developments in the renewable energy sector, and seek to incorporate appropriate technologies as they become available.
Part of the role also requires you to facilitate the training and skills development of national electricians and apprentices.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution
– Drivers license
– Bible College Training/TEE course or active participation in local Church
– Minimum two years of practical work in electrical installation
– Understanding of AC coupled solar systems
– Understanding of AC/DC coupled systems
– Project Management
– Honest, mature, stable and a pleasant nature
– Responsible work habits and a willingness to learn
– Able to live and work in a small community and make a positive contribution to its activities
– Fluency in English (spoken and written)
– Experience in Renewable energy
– Experience in managing people
– Experience working in a cross-cultural team