Mission Aviation Fellowship International (MAF I) is a worldwide family of Christian organisations whose mission is to use light aircraft to bring help, hope and healing to people living in some of the worlds most isolated communities.
We are now entering into an exciting period of transition and change for MAF International and have identified an opportunity for a Digital Business Partner to assist in driving the direction of digital technology within the organisation.
You will develop a collaborative and standardised approach to digital enablement in operations; reflecting our core values of Impact, Witness, Excellence, Partnership, Stewardship and Care.
As a digital specialist you will identify, develop and implement agile solutions to improve business and operations processes. You will need to work closely with key stakeholders to understand requirements and identify fit-for-purpose digital solutions.
- You will review and develop digital enablement applications across global operations by providing strategic leadership, advice and support and be an ‘advocate for change’; embedding excellent digital planning, practice and standards.
- As someone with excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills you will develop strong, harmonised and co-ordinated working relationships between all key stakeholders including IT, third party providers and other core operational and support functions in the area of digital.
- With your experience of developing and implementing digital strategies you will deliver a digital transformational plan that addresses issues, risks, opportunities and priorities with final approval from the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the International IT Manager.
- Leading on areas relating to digital solutions and support for operations, you will take a proactive and agile approach in identifying and addressing business application and reporting the needs for operations.
- You will resolve technology-related queries and gain a clear understanding on where assistance and communication is required. This will also include engaging with wider aviation and digital industries to ensure MAFI follows best practice and that we are enabled to be a leader in digital technologies within mission aviation operations management.
- Working closely with the Organisational Development Manager and the IT department you will increase the digital competence of staff within the organisation by forming a cross-functional task-force to review and develop comprehensive strategy; including undertaking gap analysis.
- You will ensure learning plans are agreed and implemented for all new technology and assist with developing learning materials and tutoring as required.
- You will actively engage in the Operations Leadership Team working closely between the IT team and other core operation and support functions across MAFI, identifying and addressing digital trends within operations and other areas as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience of IT with an understanding of several disciplines, process and systems
- Have exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Enjoy multiple, frequent, wide-ranging stakeholder interactions and a very varied role
- Have the ability to negotiate and collaborate effectively with senior stakeholders
- Be strong advocate of digital literacy and change and lead by example
- Project management experience
- Experience working as a digital specialist within a non-digital environment
- Experience in developing and implementing digital strategies
- Project Management qualification
- ITIL qualification
- Business Analysis qualification (e.g BCS/ISEB) or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment
- Have a wide ranging experience and knowledge of digital technology, including AI
- Have experience in devising and following process
**International travel will also be required for this position. Please note that this role falls outside what would be considered normal office hours **
Location of the role is flexible: Ashford, UK; Cairns, Australia