East Asians are on the move and coming to Christ! Many are returning home and could become a mobile global mission force.
Our vision is to see the worldwide movement of East Asians discipled to build up the body of Christ among their own people and beyond.
There are thousands of Thai New Zealanders. As part of a team, you will invest in the lives of Thai, evangelizing and discipling individuals with a special focus on preparing returnees before their return to East Asia. Our teams partner with other campus ministries, churches and other organizations in order to prepare returnees to thrive in their home countries.
Most team members are already fluent in Thai language and culture. If you are not already fluent in Thai, you would need to be willing to learn Thai and gain experience living in Thailand for at least two years.
If you are already proficient in Thai but are not from New Zealand, you will need time to adjust to life in New Zealand.
You would likely be involved in:
- Leading Bible studies
- Leading small groups
- One on one evangelism and discipleship
- Large outreach events
- Leading returnee groups to model Church in their home country
- Providing practical help with adjusting to life in New Zealand, such as language training or career development opportunities.
- Preparing returnees through mentoring, coaching, counseling and discipling.
You may also be involved in:
- Offering training for groups/ churches/ organizations who are working with Thai.
- Mobilizing individuals to reach out to East Asians
- Helping lead seminars or retreats designed to prepare returnees to thrive as believers in Thailand.
You will need:
-A good level of English in order to help the Thai visiting New Zealand and also to function as part of our team
- Flexibility and acceptance that you may have a constantly changing group to whom you are reaching out. (This is due to the returnee focus of our ministry mentioned above)
- A pioneering spirit to be able to reach out to and disciple students/scholars and to perhaps start a new work in cities where none exists
- It may be necessary to work in a virtual team if no other team members are in your location.
- To work cooperatively with other missionaries, other mission organizations and possibly with local ethnic Churches.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only