Teach and train dentists in a local hospital. Let Christ's light shine as you build relationships with patients, family members and Chinese colleagues.
Our teams are dedicated to serving the holistic needs of hard-to-reach peoples. Committed Christian professionals share Christ’s love through the witness of their lives, partnering with local agencies to modernize and improve the economic and social status of poor and disadvantaged communities.
Healthcare in this remote mountainous area is improving.While the hospitals are now relatively well equipped, the staff want to improve their knowledge, skills, and patient care. You can help improve dental care for the local population. You can also provide oral health education to school children and adults in rural towns and villages.
In living out your life among colleagues and patients, you will have unique opportunities to establish and build relationships of eternal value. Medical workers can make valuable contribution in provincial or county level hospitals. Relationships with local practitioners and patient interaction provide the opportunities for your light to shine. The work ethic and attitude you bring to the hospital allows others to see what a difference Christ makes.
Living standards in mountainous county towns are very basic, but the towns are culturally rich.
- Practice dentistry alongside local colleagues.
- Train local dentists and staff.
- Provide oral health education to school children and adults in towns and villages
-Licensed in dentistry
- Chinese fluency preferred, but language and cultural training available for longer term commitments.
- Be willing to be part of a team.
- Able to relate cross-culturally and be flexible.
- Able to adapt to living a simple lifestyle.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only