Come to help small aging Japanese churches reach out to the next generation through your skills and/or giftings. Encourage church members and missionaries focused on bringing the Gospel to unchurched areas of rural Japan.
Over 34 million people, one quarter of the population of Japan lives in Regional Areas. These areas are made up of a regional center often cities of up to 300,000 people and the surrounding towns, villages and rural areas. Churches have very few young adults and children. In order to reach the regional area surrounding the center, media will need to be used. Very few churches don’t have the knowledge to get started.
Help small local churches build relationships and reach out through various activities. You will be helping and encouraging a small aging Japanese church. Your presence will also help build the local church’s network of relationships and strengthen its witness and integrity in its community.
Tohoku is a beautiful area with modern shopping and good transportation routes. Churches are often located right next to a park, the city pool, sports complex and sometimes the ocean. There are also usually schools and colleges located nearby.
- Prepare and run training for skills that you may have such as handicrafts, art or cooking,
- Teach language classes or run conversation cafes using English or any other language you may know.
- No certificates, diplomas, and work experience needed.
- Come with a special skill or training to share.
- You will be living at accommodation provided by a local church. Life will be simple but comfortable.
- You will need to be flexible and willing to take initiative.
- 2 weeks to 6 months.
- Approx. Cost: USD $30-$35/day, excluding travel costs, insurances, and administrative fees.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only