Come with a passion for Christ and compassion for people to help make life-changing connections and multiply communities of faith.
We desire to connect people to Jesus via three platforms: a cafe, an English school, and a Bible community. We desire to touch people with the love God has lavished on us. We hope to introduce staff, customers, English students and local friends to Jesus, the One who changed our lives.
Come help us build relationships and reach out to the local area through your skills and/or gifting.
- Chat in English with customers around a large discussion table in the café.
- Serve simple foods and drinks.
- If you have teaching ability, you could also help in one of the ongoing English classes.,
- You could prepare and run a short course of training for skills that you may have such as handicrafts, art, computer help, music, or cooking.
- No certificates, diplomas, and work experience needed.
- You need to have a strong connection to Jesus.
- You need to have a strong desire to connect with Japanese people, able to take initiative in conversing, primarily in English..
- Come with a special skill or training to share.
- You will be living in a furnished apartment, possibly with other short-term workers, but definitely in your own private room. Life will be simple but comfortable.
- You will need to be flexible, and willing to learn and adjust to the Japanese culture.
- You will need to get around Sapporo on your own by public transport. Ability to ride a bicycle would be helpful.
Approx. Cost: USD $50-75 day (depends largely on length of stay), excluding travel costs, insurances, and administrative fees.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only