In lesser reached provinces of southern Luzon, the church trainer will provide informal and TEE-type (Theological Educattion by Extension) bible, theological and ministry skill training.
The church trainer will provide training in Albay, Quezon, and Sorsogon provinces for Filipino church workers, missionaries, church leaders and church members.
- meet with district and church leaders regularly to discuss training needed
- prepare and carry out appropriate training events.
- teach one TEE-type subject per month?br>- meet with leaders to regularly evaluate training that has been done
- have completed a minimum of two years Bible school or seminary
- have pastoral or lay leadership experience
- have proven gift of teaching or training
- be creative, flexible, and show initiative in working under national leadership
- those lacking such experience could spend their first term in provincial church planting to prepare them for the training ministry
- An attitude of flexibility and willingness to learn how things are done in another country is essential
- Application through the normal OMF process as a Member, Affiliate or Associate is required
- A period of language, culture and worldview learning will be expected upon joining the Field, and this may be followed by learning a second language, culture and worldview
- Willing to work in remote rural locations, if needed, with simple living conditions
- This is a non-salaried position - support is required for this role.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only