Use your Business Skills on the Silk Road
China's Silk Road is home to many different people groups, including Han, Hui, Uyghur (Uighur), Kazakh (Kazak), Dongxiang, Kyrgyz (Kirgiz), Salar, Tajik, Bonan (Bao’an), Uzbek and Tatar (Tatars).
You’ll be running or working for a business in a Silk Road area of China. While this is a difficult place to live and work, it offers the amazing opportunity of serving a precious people and making a real difference in their community.
- Set-up and run a business that blesses the local community by providing employment and needed services
- Your business should demonstrate respect for the local culture and ethical business practices
- Bachelors Degree or higher (Masters preferred)
- Advanced level of Mandarin Chinese (or a willingness to devote the first few years to language study)
- Professional qualifications preferred
- Previous business experience is essential
- Men, women, singles, and families are all welcome to apply.
- You should be prepared to commit to at least one year.
- You can expect to complete application forms, be interviewed, and have a thorough medical and psychological review.
- Initial business income will not be sufficient to cover costs. Please be prepared to raise additional financial support.
- You should be willing to live a culturally appropriate lifestyle whilst in China.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only