AIM Marsabit Ministry Team
Purpose: The greatest problem facing the church in northern Kenya is the lack of Biblically trained leaders. In order to produce Christ-like leaders, AIM is working to place in Marsabit a team focused on Bible teaching and mentoring/discipleship.
- Establish a Bible training program to train new and current church leaders for the peoples of Northern Kenya. (Initially we plan to use the Bible Training Centre for Pastors Curriculum - BTCP http://bibletraining.com/ ). To this end there will be at least two team members dedicated to teaching and running the BTCP program.
- Disciple young, potential Christian leaders across all spheres of life (church, political, business, medical, leaders etc.). Team members will consider it a vital part of their role to build relationships and intentionally disciple young men and women and to share the message of Christ’s death and resurrection for the forgiveness of sins.
- Provide medical support for the Marsabit government hospital and for AIM missionaries across Northern Kenya.
- Provide occasional ongoing training for church leaders of AIC and other denominations in and around Marsabit.
All positions on the team can be filled by either Kenyan or expatriate missionaries.
- Secondary School Teacher needed as part of this team.
Revolving entry to team is acceptable.
Due to the mix of people groups and languages in Marsabit town, the team members will be expected to learn the national language of Swahili.
We expect all full members to commit to a minimum of two years. It is desired that members will stay for four or more years to allow for adequate orientation and long term continuity.