We are the only Evangelical church or mission point within a 44km radius. Those in our church family of about 25 people travel from 4 different towns to meet together. Most of them are the only Christians in their own town. In a valley of over 10,000 people we’re trying to reach those around us with the gospel of Jesus, Lord and saviour.
The majority of people in this rural part of Spain have a strong Roman Catholic background and the Holy week processions and Romerías for the Virgin Mary are still some of the celebrations which command most interest in the towns. So often people aren’t actively involved in their own church life, but are still very cautious about Protestant religion.
Our focus is on encouraging the believers in leadership and in taking the initiative to reach out to their neighbours with God’s word, to show the community God’s love in practical ways.
There are endless possibilities to get involved. Previous short termers have:
- helped out with our second hand clothing giveaway
- assisted in running outreach events to families, women and children
- read the Bible 1 on 1 with other believers
- lead the meetings, worship and preaching in church
- run holiday English clubs
- coached in the local basketball club
- given English lessons or conversation
- prayed around the towns
- become part of sports teams, orchestras, gyms, craft clubs, choirs and flamenco classes ...all to get to know people and share Jesus.
Who knows how God might use you?
Budget: A minimum of €150 per week should cover accommodation, living and ministry expenses.
Duration: A minimum of 3 months is preferred since most of the ministry is highly relational. Why not spend a year, learn Spanish and see God’s kingdom extend?
If you're interested or have more questions get in contact!
*Australian citizens and/or residents only