Nungalinya College is a combined church training college for Indigenous Australians. We are inviting small groups of people 15yrs+ who are keen to learn more about Indigenous faith and culture to join us during term time.
Experience the joys of Nungalinya College, meet Indigenous elders and emerging leaders whilst participating in engaging workshops to learn more about Indigenous culture and faith.
Download our NICE brochure here.
- Experience Nungalinya’s immersive cultural environment - so much more than just a cultural awareness course!
- Meet Indigenous Christians keen to share their culture and faith
- Learn in workshops led by Indigenous trainers and mission-experienced workers
- Enjoy an interactive, creative learning environment in tropical Darwin on the doorstep to world-heritage listed areas of outstanding beauty
In consultation with you, we build a program from modules to suit the needs of your group. Each module runs for 1.5 - 2 hours.
Module 1 - Introduction to Indigenous Culture
Explore the 5 elements of culture - land, law, language, kinship and ceremony.
Module 2 - Indigenous Culture - Land and Language
The importance of land and first language; Scriptures in language; A visit to AuSIL.
Module 3 - Indigenous Culture - Kinship, Faith and Culture
Kinship systems as a way of relating; How do faith and culture relate to each other?
Module 4 - Indigenous Art and Faith
Indigenous art and how Christian artists are expressing their faith. Incl. a Printing workshop.
Module 5 - Seasons and Bush Tucker
An Indigenous view of Seasons and how God provides. Includes a Bush Tucker walk.
Module 6 - Stories around the campfire
A look at men’s business explored through a conversation around the campfire.
Module 7 - My Response
What is a right and helpful response as you reflect on what you have learnt and experienced.
We build a program to suit your group based on the modules listed above.
Cost for each workshop module:
- $600 per module for up to 12 participants
- $900 per module for 12-24 participants
Stay and Explore
Stay with us on campus here in tropical Darwin. Perhaps after a morning of rich learning together, you may choose to get out and explore the surrounding area each afternoon.
Or perhaps spend 2-3 days with us before heading out on a field trip.
- Litchfield National Park, Fogg Dam, Corroboree Billabong and World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park are right on our doorstep.
- Explore beautiful waterfalls, swimming holes and astonishing flora and fauna.
- Darwin located WWII sites, RFDS and Bombing of Darwin interactive exhibits, Military and Aviation museums, Art gallery, WWII Oil storage tunnels and more!
- Check-in with other ministry organisations to see their work in the NT.
For more information, Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost is inclusive of all workshop resources.
Our low-cost accommodation includes comfortable air-conditioned, twin-share rooms and all meals in our college dining room.
Contact us for a price for your group.