From 2019 Missions Interlink will be conducting regular advanced security training courses in partnership with Sanctuary Consulting. MAST is the two day program designed to assist all cross-cultural workers in their daily life and work. The Field Security Course is an extension of MAST for those living and working in particularly insecure areas. Other programs such as Travel Security and Cyber Security may also be offered.
Missions Interlink Advanced Security Training (MAST)
This is an interactive course that incorporates classroom learning, indoor and outdoor training, and role-play sessions. Participants are trained on relevant topics facing believers working in open and restricted access areas, including
- Laying the Foundation: Developing a theology of risk & personal security in the context of ministry
- (Re)-Defining Safe: Security best practices for higher-risk environments
- What’s in a Question? Crafting an appropriate response to questions, queries and demands
- Getting in and Staying in: Building legal, social, and moral credibility via legal status
- Online Know-how: Cyber and social media safety and security
- Abating Violence: Recognize criminal & terrorist behaviors via body language; Threat recognition
- From Run, Hide, Fight to MDACC: Surviving active shooters and violent encounters
- Surviving the Worst: An expat’s guide to government detainment and hostage taking
- Situational Awareness: Understanding hostile observation and surveillance
- Drive to Survive: Vehicle safety and security
Other Advanced Security Training Courses
Field Security Course (FSC)
This training is an extension of MAST, with a focus on preparing for the worst so security incidents can be avoided, and providing a better chance of survival, and faster recovery if they do occur. It integrates hands-on field training with an emphasis on hostage survival and mitigating exploitation to develop resilience and ongoing capacity for ministry. It includes: Hostage survival and mitigating exploitation; Immediate action drills; Evasive/and defensive driver training.