Pastors, missionaries, ministers, youth workers, elders; all Christian leaders have a special responsibility to safeguard the children God has entrusted to their care.
THIS UNIT WILL:
• identify the beliefs held by Christians that enable abuse to occur
• equip Christian leaders to protect children and respond appropriately to child abuse when it does occur
• clarify legal responsibilities for reporting
In addition to lectures by faculty and practitioners, this course will rely on: documented case studies; news reports; small group and class discussions.
• Biblical and theological foundations
• The nature of abuse
• Understanding those who experience abuse
• Understanding those responsible for abuse
• Understanding those who enable abuse
• Preventing and responding to abuse in church and mission contexts.
Warning: This course contains content that should be upsetting to all participants.