Want to preach and teach God’s word around the world? Prepare for a lifetime of service in Christian ministry by studying the BD. The first three years of the BD are the same as the Bachelor of Theology (BTh). The fourth year of study draws together the knowledge and skills learnt in the first three years. In Year 4 you can also choose from a range of enriching specialist electives.
It teaches students:
- biblical and theological foundations.
- how to think theologically from first principles.
- practical skills for lifelong Christian ministry.
- Those wanting to serve in university Christian student work.
- Those wanting to serve on mission with a mission organisation, locally or internationally.
- Those wanting to serve in church pastoral roles, including as youth and children’s workers.
- Those wanting to serve in chaplaincy roles, including schools, hospitals and prisons.
- Those wanting to plant a church.
- Those wanting to serve in theological and Bible college teaching.
- Those wanting to thoroughly equip themselves to evangelise in the workforce and contribute in a lay capacity within their local church.
Part-time option only available in first year