We are a growing and active charity working with children and the disadvantaged in Kenya and Burundi. Developing and maintaining our website and assisting in information technology is a critical part of our organisation. The role involves working from home.
- Redesign and develop Access Hope Inc. website to provide a platform for us to inspire, engage and inform supporters, volunteers and donors while maintaining simplicity and ease of use. Provide for:
- a website that can easily be maintained
- multiple entrance points and breadcrumb trails for user orientation
- “kaboom” visual appeal
- ability to introduce and maintain video content
- well organised information
- improved digital fundraising
- potential chat online option.
- Maintain the website and ensure links and content remain accessible and problem free for users.
- Help us keep abreast of technological advancements. Research and recommend low or no cost technology, software and apps that can help us achieve our mission and goals, communicate with our sponsors and supporters and streamline our administration processes.
- Provide IT support for the Access Hope Inc. CEO and team of volunteers as required, for example set up email access for new roles, help troubleshoot email connectivity issues, etc.
- From time to time assist team members with over the phone training or support when introducing new software or technology.
- Communicate regularly with CEO by email.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Formal software development training
- An understanding of charities and not-for-profits
- Marketing and media knowledge
- Good communication skills for working with other members of the team.
The person in this role is required to:
- act with reasonable care and diligence
- act honestly in the best interests of the charity and its purposes
- not misuse the position or information gained in the position
- disclose any conflict of interest.
Equipment / Resources:
The person in this role requires:
- their own computer and software
- mobile phone
- internet and email access
- a suitable place to work at home.
NOTE: As we are a not-for-profit charity organisation, Access Hope Inc. does not provide funding towards internet access or mobile telephone costs; the volunteer must be willing to provide these.
The time commitment varies:
- Initially a larger commitment of time is needed to further develop our website after which is just time to maintain it.
- Assistance with IT support from time to time.
- Research as time provides to help us keep abreast of technology.