The Friendship Centre provides both FREE face to face counselling in (Bligh Park/Richmond) and FREE telephone counselling. This service is designed to meet the needs of those that cannot afford counselling and require support. No referral for this service is required. The Friendship Centre is in its 5th year and now growing and requiring people that are qualified and wanting to make a difference in the world. We are looking for others to join our team and willing to take on clients that are referred by the Friendship Centre.
Your Benefits will be;
* Building up work experience
* Building up the work experience required by new graduates to receive registration from major organisations
* Supervision will be provided to meet the quota required for registration from major organisations
* Training Day (at the start of appointment and 3 other days of training per year)
* Access to courses for Professional Development paid for by the Friendship Centre.
* Possible transition to face to face counselling.
You are required to possess the following –
* Qualifications in counselling, social work or psychology (verified)
* Mobile phone/computer with access to camera for counselling requiring 'face time' sessions
* Excellent communication
* English skills – Speak another language, however not essential
* A friendly approach to working with people
* Ability to work independently
* Experience working with the dynamics and impacts of trauma
* An understanding in referring to a range of counselling and support services
* Skill in risk assessment and management and crisis intervention
* An ability to quickly develop working relationships
* Demonstrated commitment to making a difference
Volunteers must have a qualification in counselling, social work or psychology (verified) no experience required just working to add experience HOURS that are required to register for major organisations. Supervision, training and personal development will all be provided to volunteers. Once application is made applicant will have to answer how they would support hypothetical telephone clients and assessment will be done based on responses covering, support, encouragement and therapies that would be provided to client.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only