China's Silk Road is home to many different people groups, including Han, Hui, Uyghur (Uighur), Kazakh (Kazak), Dongxiang, Kyrgyz (Kirgiz), Salar, Tajik, Bonan (Bao’an), Uzbek and Tatar (Tatars).
Working part-time from where you live, this role offers the amazing opportunity of getting to understand these precious people and inspiring the prayer and service that will make a real difference in their communities.
- Edit stories about the Silk Road to make them effective for website use
- Or design and update web pages or social media posts to educate the Christian public about the needs of the Silk Road
- Commit around 2-4 hours per week to this work
- As time allows, develop new media initiatives for building momentum in the prayer movement for the Silk Road.
- Experience of media design or editing is preferable
- Flexibility, a desire to work with a team and willingness to communicate remotely through e-mail and Skype will all be important for this role.
- Long-term volunteers in this role should consider visiting China's Silk Road to meet first-hand the people they are serving.
- This is a non-salaried position.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only