Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is a unique Christian charity using aircraft to deliver help and hope across the developing world. MAF transports patients, relief workers, produce, medical supplies and Christian workers in the world’s remotest regions and places of deepest human need – places where flying is not a luxury but a lifeline. We operate in over 30 countries with over 130 planes.
Being a global organisation, sometimes working in very remote locations, our IT infrastructure is core to our ability to function safely and effectively. Our IT function covers a wide portfolio from program development, development of IT infrastructure, and customer support. We now have an opportunity for an experienced IT Officer to join our team in the Cairns Support Office. The IT Officer will be part of a global team responsible for maintaining and supporting IT services not only at the office in Cairns but for many locations across international borders.
- As the full-time IT Officer for the Cairns Support Office you would manage and support IT Services by responding to incidents and services requests in a timely manner, ensuring issues are reported and tracked through the IT service desk. You will be expected to support and maintain our servers and infrastructure, manage Active Directory and user accounts, IT Security awareness, and support users. The role is varied and a broad understanding of IT would be required.
- An essential part of the role is to ensure that IT Services comply with the IT Standards, policies, and procedures, and that documentation of all services and systems is maintained. In this role, you will also need to Identify potential risks, carry out regular preventative maintenance routines and confirm services are running at optimum across multiple locations worldwide.
- You will assist in the planning, testing, and implementation of upgrades/enhancements to systems and as well as assist with the management of IT assets and spares, keeping the global IT assets lists up to date.
- You will also provide advice and guidance to program-based IT staff (globally) and other staff.
- The successful candidate should also be self-motivated, passionate, friendly and an excellent communicator with a 'can-do' attitude, taking a real interest in new technology and ways of working. They will need to be a person who holds themselves accountable and who is motivated to serve, take ownership and make sure that tasks are performed accurately and efficiently, and be willing to travel.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, including spoken and written English
- A good general level of education
- Two years IT experience
- Understanding of, and worked within ITIL framework
- Understanding of computer networking.
- Understanding of file servers, virtual servers, and active directory
- Experience support hardware
- Good level of customer service and care
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Experience supporting Windows environments
- Experience in Incident Management
- In-depth knowledge of IP Protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP configuration, and experience configuring and supporting routers, firewalls, WAN's and VPN's, with an understanding of DNS
- Formal IT Qualifications (e.g. Microsoft MSCE)
- ITIL Qualification or good practical experience working in an ITIL environment
- Significant experience troubleshooting IT issues
**NOTE: Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment background checks including a National Criminal History check. Acceptance of and adherence to MAF’s purpose, vision, and values is an essential condition of employment.**