Do you have a heart for youth? Do you have an understanding of the challenges they face and a desire to introduce them to a loving Father? Come join us.
Chinese youth are often caught between rural and urban lifestyles, family in the villages and job opportunities in the cities, a need for education but a lack of foundational skills and self-discipline. Opportunities to input in the lives of these young people abound.
Influence and encourage young people to have self-confidence and purpose in their lives. Encourage families to continue sending their children to school. In spending time together with the kids and families, you can share Christ through the witness of your life.
Youth work is needed in urban cities as well as mid-size towns with about 30,000-50,000 people. City life offers many conveniences and modern facilities. You will have access to many familiar things. Life in the smaller towns is simple, but have all the basic necessities including cell phone and internet access.
1. Coordinate student assistance programs.
2. Run experiential training for youth in areas such as character development, mental health and resilience.
3. Provide pastoral guidance and counseling.
4. Teach English and/or provide tutoring for other subjects (Math, Sciences, etc for primary, secondary levels).
5. Organize summer camp programs.
6. Work with families of the youth.
1. Post-secondary diploma or higher with relevant background and experience.
2. Experience in counseling and social work would be helpful.
3. Enjoy working with youth and can lead children and youth activities.
3. Able to speak Chinese (training in language and culture available for longer term commitment).
- Need a heart for the poor, coupled with a desire to see lives transformed and communities improved.
- Need an ability to relate cross-culturally.
- Need flexibility and a willingness to adapt to a simple lifestyle.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only