Work with a team to use creative, effective ways to build relationships in communities that have no evangelical witness. Tutoring or sports are possible ways to do this, but there are many more.
Helping people come to a clear understanding of the Bible and become disciples of Jesus, will lead to the vision of Biblical communities of faith in the unreached communities of the Philippines. This will in turn lead to a transformation of society.
- Pray for openings into a community
- Build relationships with people in the community so that insight is gained into the way they do things and why
- Use your gifts, talents, and abilities to develop relationships further
- Tutoring may be possible in subjects such as Math, IT, English, Music
- Disciple these people to faith and growth as believers in Jesus
- Work with believers to establish communities of faith
We are looking for people:?br>- with a variety of gifts, experiences, and skills to contribute to the ministry
- with a minimum of two years of Bible school (seminary) training with cross-cultural studies or equivalent
- with experience in relationship building and discipleship
- able to work in an international team, alongside local believers
- able to persevere in ministry in a spiritually dark context with frequent natural disasters, political instability and wide-spread corruption
- Application through the normal OMF process as a Member, Affiliate or Associate is required
- An attitude of flexibility and willingness to learn how things are done in another country is essential
- Willingness to be immersed in the culture, and live with local families
- A period of language, culture and worldview learning will be expected upon joining the Field
- This is a non-salaried position - support is required for this role.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only