Most of our neighbors have never met a follower of Jesus. They are influenced by works and rituals with an absence of power and no promise of salvation. Although technology and modern conveniences are common, our focus people group continues to be involved with the supernatural world by seeking help and protection through rituals and various beliefs. Most neighborhoods struggle with dysfunctional families, substance abuse, and low paying jobs. This unreached people group is a minority group that is looked down upon by the majority of the country, but they are proud of their own culture and stick together.
You will contribute to the vision and mission of the team by living and working incarnationally among the Unreached People Group. Although working as a professional under a foundation, you will also be involved in sharing the good news of life in Jesus, making disciples and praying in order to kindle movements of Jesus-followers among our Unreached People Group.
What is it like to live here? This tropical climate megacity is crawling with cars, motorbikes, street vendors, and most modern conveniences. Urban sprawl has created areas of suburban/urban mix that has engulfed formerly agricultural areas with middle-class housing developments. Many people lack the education and opportunities to keep up with the developing economy, so they live in simple or cramped living conditions. The area includes a significant population of those who claim to be Muslims or Buddhists.
Plan and execute community development projects through our community foundation, conduct surveys to research opportunities for further community work, visit communities as part of ongoing planning. As part of the local team be involved in sharing the love of Jesus.
Initially engage in an extensive full-time language study, followed by part time language.
High School, Graduate, Bible School Trained. The manager will need to have some community development training and experience.
- burdened to see outreach happen and our neighbors appreciate the Good News.
- able to adapt culturally, and learn from others.
The applicant should be prepared to live an appropriate lifestyle within the community in which they will live. Among other things, this relates to dressing modestly, and being sensitive to the dietary restrictions of our neighbors, is very helpful as this would build bridges with your neighbours and friends. It also means adapting the language we use to share about Jesus. In the local culture it is important that the men relate to the men and the women relate to the women.
- Love: evident love and respect for God, others, and particularly for those in the Unreached People Group. Show respect toward local leaders and anyone older than you.
- Humility and flexibility: it can be overwhelming to come to a place where everything is new and unknown, where plans change at the last minute.
- Perseverance: it's challenging to hold on to values of incarnational living and adapting to a lifestyle that the minority group can relate to, especially in a large urban environment where the materialistic values of the West are easily accessible. Language learning can also be a long journey.
- Physical health: among other things, the ability to deal with a hot, humid climate
1. Committed to direct ministry among our focus people.
2. Able to maintain good spiritual health, even in the face of practical and spiritual challenges.
3. Willing to work together on diverse team of people from different cultures with mutual accountability, but also self-reliance.
Ideally the candidate needs to be 21 years and above.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only