Most of our neighbors have never met a follower of Jesus. They are influenced by ?orks?and rituals mentalities, with an absence of the power to overcome sin, nor the promise of salvation.
You will be involved in sharing the good news of life in Jesus, making disciples and praying in order to kindle movements of Jesus-followers among our focus group.
The existence of the spirit world is assumed. The area includes a significant population of those who claim to be Muslims, Buddhist or Christian. Religion is practiced quite openly.
The major responsibilities for a team member are:
- Committed to work in a pioneering cross-cultural team and master plan (vision, mission, core values and strategy) of that team.
- Ongoing language study (Burmese) and adaptation to the culture of our focus people in Myanmar.
- Developing trust relationships with our focus people and seeking meaningful ways to share the gospel in word and deed.?br>
A clear calling and passion to work among our focus people in Myanmar is foundational. The living conditions with restricted electricity and a lower standard of living require flexibility and adaptability. We are looking for team members with a clear vision for what God can do in difficult circumstances, perseverance, an a willingness to learn and adapt to the local culture. Good understandings of church planting principles and prior experiences in forming relationships with people like our focus people are an asset.
The applicant should be prepared to live an appropriate lifestyle within the community in which they will live. Among other things, this relates to dressing modestly, and being sensitive to the dietary restrictions of our neighbors. This is very helpful as it would build bridges with neighbours and friends. It also means contextualizing the language we use to share about Jesus. In the local culture it is important that the men relate to the men and the women relate to the women.
- Committed to direct ministry among our focus people.
- Able to maintain good spiritual health, even in the face of practical and spiritual challenges.
- Willing to work together on a diverse team of people from different cultures with mutual accountability, but also self-reliance.
*Australian citizens and/or residents only